Optum™ Medical Network blood pressure challenge!
November 1 – December 31, 2015
Optum Medical Network is launching an end of year challenge designed to identify and honor Medical Assistants that take and properly document blood pressure readings.
Top performing teams will receive
- 1. Gala dinner at Little America sponsored by Optum™ Medical Network
- 2. Each Invitee is permitted to bring one guest.
Winning Team Receives:
- 1. An iPad ® Mini (One per Medical Assistant – up to 10 for the entire team).
- 2. Recognition in your local newspaper.
- 3. A plaque for display in your clinic.
How it Works
Step 1: Form a team of 10 or less Medical Assistants (MAs)
- 1. If a medical group consists of multiple clinics, each clinic will represent itself.
- 2. If one clinic has over 10 MAs, you may form multiple teams of 10 or less MAs.
Step 2: Select a team leader
Before signing up your team, the Team Leader is required to watch a short training presentation and video on the proper way to take a blood pressure reading and competition rules.
Training presentation must be viewed before November 15 (the start of the competition)
Click here (with audio) to download the presentation
- 2. Team leads are to properly train their teams on the material presented and rules of the competition.
Step 3: Register for the competition by 11/15/15
Step 4: Review the blood pressure video
- 1. Participating groups must have an empanelment population of at least 100 Optum Medical Network members.
- 2. Date of service must be between November 1 – December 31, 2015
- 3. All medical notes containing OMN member blood pressure measures must be submitted all at once via fax to 844-604-8470. Only one fax submission with at least 100 notes per team.
- 4. Teams must use the blood pressure challenge approved fax cover sheet provided by Optum Medical Network click here to download the fax cover sheet
- 5. The fax received deadline is January 15, 2016.
- 6. UHC HEDIS Nurses will randomly audit 20 medical notes per team.
- 7. Passing measures will be determined by HEDIS measure.
- 8. Indicating application of the training, notes containing more than one blood pressure measure will receive credit.
* Optum Medical Network reserves the right to discontinue the competition in the event there is not enough participation or in consideration of any unforeseen circumstances.